Thursday 3 March 2016

A review of the Paperchase Nordic Nights personal planner

I saw this planner a while ago when googling the Nordic Nights collection and I just had to have it. For the longest time it was out of stock on the Paperchase website (it is currently out of stock but has come back repeatedly) but luckily my local Paperchase had it so I grabbed it as soon as I saw it.

So let's take a look at it.

Here it is. As you can see it has a large, beautiful image on the front in a limited palette of white, 2 shades of pink, teal and yellow on a very dark blue fabric background. There is a small, green fabric trim around the edges.

  

More under the cut



The closure is this adorable little button with a bear on it and a loop of green elastic.



On the back it's exactly the same except you can't see the closure at all.


Both the front and back covers feel slightly squishy and padded but with something firm behind.

The front inside cover is made of the same dark dark blue fabric as the front and a Paperchase label. It has 6 pockets in total, one large and then 5 smaller ones on the top of the big one. The bottom most pocket (with the label) is about half an inch deeper than the 4 above.
In this photo it looks like there are white marks on the fabric but they actually aren't white, they're shiny. It seems the fabric marks easily and turns shiny when it does.


There is a slight bump where the button is on the front. You can just about make it out in this picture.

 

The planner has approx 26mm silver rings. They're nice and tight but they seem to fill up pretty quickly.

 

Skipping to the back there is a tear off notepad of ruled paper with holes so you can put it in the rings. 

  

Here is the back inside cover with the notepad removed. You just slip the back of the notepad down into the little pocket.

 

Now let's look at the dividers and inserts it comes with.

All of the dividers are made of a thin but firm and sturdy dark blue plastic-covered (or just plastic) material with a lighter grey-blue pattern of grass/flowers.

 

The diary pages it comes with are a week on one page with a patterned background in shades of grey.


  

Personally I'm not very keen on this style of diary pages. There's just not enough space for me to write much and I find it weird that the days are written down the left (not at the top) but if you were to turn it horizontally so the words were the right way up then the days go backwards. Sorry, this is hard to explain but if you look at it on it's side like this:


You can see that reading left to right it goes Sunday - Saturday - Friday etc. 
But if you keep it the correct way up it's hard to read the days. But maybe this is just a problem with me and others wouldn't care.

Next up there's a meal planner section

  

This time the pages are decorated with little foxes. So cute!

 

  

The pages have essentially the same layout as the diary sheets but the columns are now labelled breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Personally I wouldn't use this as an actual meal planner as I like more space for brainstorming, writing shopping lists etc, but I'm trying to lose weight and this should make an ideal diet tracker.

Then there's a section of shopping lists

 

This time there's a little owl to look over your list.

 

  

These inserts are pretty simple but I like the design a lot. I like that they have a little circle for you to tick off each item

Then there's a budget planner. Honestly I don't really have much to say about this section because I just don't really have any need for it.


  

See it seems to be set up for paying back loans or mortgage payments and stuff, not savings or a general budget. And I don't have anything of that sort.

 

I'm sure this would be very handy for some people, but it's just not really applicable for me.


Finally there's a section for notes


Slightly oddly all of the note paper is gridded, not lined or plain or a variety. But that isn't a problem, just a bit unusual. The pages have little cute plants at the bottom.

 


This is my first Personal Planner and while there are things I would change I still just love it. The cover is just absolutely beautiful and I love the fact that the pages are all decorated with the patterns and images from the range. I won't use the diary pages as they are intended but I think they'll make a great mood tracker. So all in all I think this is a wonderful planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment