Saturday 5 March 2016

Saturday Smash Book Show and tell 4

This is just a tiny little Smashbook show and tell today, matching my video session here I haven't been able to do much Smashing lately as our boiler has been broken and the room with my desk in was just too freezing to sit in!

This first page is less themed than most of my previous spreads but still not really random, I was sort of going for an old, murky, green/grey look. I've completely covered the original Smashbook page. The main image is a page from a vintage 1950s knitting pattern catalogue which has become distressed in a very pretty way. I also put a strip of grey washi tape on the top and bottom borders of the page just because the main picture wasn't quite big enough.

 

On top of the knitting pattern page I added a fortune-teller card from a friends performance art type thing and beneath that a ticket for Little Shop of Horrors where the ink has run or been stained in, what I think is, a very pretty way.

  

At the top I put a strip of light yellow washi with feathers just to break up the page a bit and then finally added a little playing card embellishment. I felt that it went with the page as, even though the colours don't really match anything else, it looks sort of faded and old like the rest.

    

This next one is part of a double page insect based spread (you can see the other half here)
The smashbook page that I used was lined with a drawing of a jar of flies I tore up some tissue paper with foil butterflies and glued it haphazardly to the page, hoping to look a bit like torn wallpaper.

 

I pasted in a big image of a piece of sculpture by Tessa Farmer and added some yellow washi tape as I wanted it to look like the picture was stuck to the wall with masking tape.  In the bottom left corner I placed a picture of  beehive and in the right bottom corner I trimmed a piece of my Pestival flyer advertising the 'bee hive ball' and added a little bit of the same feather washi tape from the murky green page just to add some visual interest.

 

Finally I scattered some insect stickers (from Paperchase) over the page.


And that's it for today! Our boiler is now fixed so I'll be making some more pages and other stuff soon :)
Thanks for reading and I hope you had a great Saturday!
xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment